Interview with Freddie Mercury in Munich
1984, David Wigg talking to him about his solo plans. Part 1.
- What I want you to answer is: Freddie, how do you keep your enthusiasm for what you are doing? I mean…
- Money!!! (laughing)
- (laughs too) Good, it’s 10 years, isn’t it?
- I know. Well, it’s… What else… You see, it’s sounds very… of course, we all want money, and I’m not afraid to say that, but of course... I mean and glory, we’ve got all that. It would be quite… it’s quite easy for me to give up right now, because I have all that, I have money and all that. So, basically… of course, I may to come down, and so, it’s not just for the money. It’s just… I think, just a long jabberty. I think, we’ve got to stage where… funny, especially in Europe. I think, Queen got actually new list of life. After so many years and been away for 2 years – I thought, you know, “My God, they might probably forgot us! But it’s sort of like… it’s been a re… re-birth, this is one of our strongest albums, and… I couldn’t believe that we haven’t play… Already we’ve had three singles on a top-ten. We have never had for many albums before. And so… I just got amazed, to be honest! It’s our conception might, you know – I mean, I sad I’m doing bubble stop buying a record – I mean, but we all still be here! Like a bounders, but we’re here!
- Yes. It’s a good live, that’s nice that you (…) right there.
- I like twain with them far more than (they) and as far as for seem to involve them much more, and… it’s more danger. I think, we’re more dangerous now, than I remember before obviously well – very sort of ostentations or whatever. You know, everybody say, we were…
- (…) Grand?
- Yes, yes! Obviously. Pomping all that. Of course, we still have pomping, but it with element of humor now. And I think, the video for “Break free” … shocked quite a lot of people, cause they thought, we didn’t have that, and we actually went tearfully the other way. O’K, we’ll try it up, even we called “Queen”. And for rock’n roll band try (…) like heavy-metal rock’n roll band – it’s quite exciting. We got it all role so easily – my God, she seen it! (DW laughs). We put asleep on in they!
- Did you enjoy that?
- Yes, it was like a challenge, sort of tangent.
- It’s one other (…) words!
- Yes, and that was…
- (ïåðåáèâàÿ) It’s all in the Radio Ga-Ga, and video actions, and that was very movement. And…
- Yes! But it’s… it is a funny way, put it on… That’s the false show. And I’m trying on a lot things. And to match the first times, where we actually did that song and I didn’t sing that song. I go for my goal. I know, that single, I want to break free – is quite new, and they sang it.