Interview to Nederland TV, 1985
- Freddie, you are going to bring down your solo album?
- Yes. It’s called “Made in Heaven”, and it’s going to be out pretty soon, cause I’ve just finished it.
- Do you sign this album now?
- It took me about a year to record it, but I mean I didn’t spend I whole year, recording this, this is just a doing it a little bit – I mean I had to go with Queen to do different tours to the European tour, and I had to go to Rio, so, it was spasmodic, I had to sort of do the tours, and coming back, so it took a long time. So, all the rollers took about 4 month to record, but I've started it in like… 84, you know… the start of 84. But now It’s finally finished and… I want everybody to hear it… by it.
- The world been known influenced to Queen by this solo project? Is it just an idea you wanted to do?
- Oh no! Well, yes, it has nothing to deal with Queen, it just smth what I wanted to do on my own, and I wanted to do it for a long while, and it just took me all this years, I wanted to make sure it was the right time, and I had enough collection of songs for me to be ready, and I’ve finally found that “O’K, I must do it, and…
- The album is not out now, what kind of songs on it?
- All good songs (smiling).
- But what kind of songs?
- No, it’s a lot of stuff, it’s very difficult actually trying explain what your songs like. Because I mean it’s up to what people listen to, it, what I actually say, it doesn’t sound like “Queen”, because I hadn’t got the “Queen” members on it. And also I’ve done a lot of things that I wouldn’t able to do with Queen, because maybe Queen just didn’t want to do it. I’ve done things like a lot of reggae-touch things, which… which we just haven’ t done. I don’t think Queen couldn’t do it, I think, Queen can do anything that we wanted to, it’s just what we didn’t want to do at that time. So, it gave me a chance to actually do sort of thins that I wanted to do myself, and for my own interest. I wanted to work with an orchestra, and see what it sounds like
- Besides the orchestra, are there any more musicians, working on the album?
- Óãó. Basically, I’ve used all joined musicians, the best record fine, and those people like Curt Cress, who is a very good drummer in the band Costly, and… (smiling) I think it sells more record than me in Germany, but I mean I’ll change that. But he’s very good. Very good drummer. He is drums for me, and there’s Paul Vincent, who I think is a very-very good guitarist, and I made him play things that he never played before. And in this is Stephen… Wissnet his name, and he is also an engineer for the music last two years, that we were working for. I made him play bass, because I mean he’s a good base-player.